I am experienced in helping owner to overcome their dog’s problem behaviours/issues. Through my years of experience, I will help you to overcome these issues and create a happier, confident well-rounded dog. I have successfully helped people with issues of:
Aggression & Reactivity
Separation anxiety and stress
Jumping and mouthing
Destructive behaviour and chewing
Loose lead walking
Adding a new family member to family
When addressing these issues, I first complete an initial consultation, in which I go through everything that you are experiencing, get to the bottom of it, and find out why it is happening in the first place. I then devise a plan involving preventative measures, management and training that is achievable to both the dog and the handler. The initial consultation mostly consists of gathering information and ensuring that you have a clear understanding of these key areas:
· Why is the behaviour happening?
· What is the day-to-day management strategies you are aiming to implement?
· How to react if/when the unwanted behaviour happens again?
· What activities and enrichment can you do and provide for your dog that are healthy and going to help the dog and their training?
· What the long- and short-term training goals are? And what new, more desirable behaviours are we working on training?
The key to training and changing any behaviour is consistency, practice and adapting as new challenges present themselves. Follow up sessions are available and recommended to give you and your dog the best possible chance of success. It is in these follow up sessions that we will be able to build on the foundations set in the previous sessions.
In Home Behaviour Consultation.
Video assessment and training plan created.
Please call for prices.